Participants not willing/able to
complete 20 hours of volunteer service within a 12-month period following
training should not apply for the Master Food Preserver Volunteers Program.
1. How did you learn about the
University of Maine Cooperative Extension Master Food Preserver Program?
2. Have you ever applied for the Master Food
Preserver Volunteer Program?
If yes, indicate what year(s):
3. How many years of food preservation experience do you have? Please
check appropriate box:
4. Are you knowledgeable in following
food preservation methods? Please check any that apply:
5. Briefly list any food preservation
training you have received (formal and/or informal). Example: I took a
food preservation course through adult education.
6. Are you affiliated with any gardening or
food-related groups ?
If yes, briefly specify:
7. Why do you want to become a Master Food
Preserver Volunteer? (Really think about this question and respond
8. In what ways do you think you might
apply the knowledge and skill gained from this Master Food Preserver
9. What type(s) of volunteer work have
you done? Briefly describe your history as a volunteer. Consider areas
such as school, Red Cross, youth sports, scouting, 4-H, public committees,
non-profit work, church or service groups.
Nursing Home Volunteer
||2 hrs per
||Jan. 2000 -
10. Check the skills you are good at: (Check all that apply):
I will send the required letter of reference (limit one/application:
not from a spouse or family member) to
or fax to 207-781-5983 or mail to University of Maine
Cooperative Extension, 75 Clearwater Drive, Ste 104, Falmouth,
Note MFP reference and
Application Deadline: May 5,
2013 by 4:30PM